High-Quality Water Heater Repair in Helmetta, Monroe, West Windsor, NJ and Surrounding Areas
Water Heater Repair in Helmetta, NJ
A water heater is a crucial component of any household. It provides hot water for your daily needs, such as washing dishes, taking a shower, or doing laundry. However, water heaters can malfunction, and when they do, it can cause a lot of inconvenience and discomfort for the household. This is where water heater repair services come in handy.
At R.A. Nichols Plumbing & Heating, we provide water heater repair services in Helmetta, NJ, and the surrounding areas. We understand the need for minimal interruption to your daily life, which is why we are here to help you keep your home comfortable and safe. If you are experiencing issues with your water heater, don’t hesitate to contact us at (609) 948-8829.
Water Heater Parts and Components
Before diving into the details of water heater repair in East Brunswick, NJ, let’s look at the essential parts of a water heater. Understanding these parts will help you better understand the cause of the problem when your water heater malfunctions.
- Tank: The tank is where the water is stored and heated. It is usually made of steel and lined with glass to prevent corrosion.
- Dip Tube: The dip tube is a plastic pipe that sends cold water from the top of the tank to the bottom, where it can be heated.
- Heating Element: The heating element is responsible for heating the water. It is either a gas burner or an electric heating element.
- Thermostat: The thermostat is a device that regulates the temperature of the water. It turns the heating element on and off to maintain the desired temperature.
- Anode Rod: The anode rod is a sacrificial metal rod that prevents corrosion by attracting corrosive particles.
- Pressure Relief Valve: The pressure relief valve releases pressure in the tank if it gets too high, preventing the tank from exploding.
Common Issues That Occur With Malfunctioning Water Heaters
Now that we have an idea of the essential parts that make up a water heater let’s look at some of the most common issues homeowners face with their water heaters.
- No hot water: This is the most common issue, and it can be caused by a faulty heating element, a malfunctioning thermostat, a blown fuse, or a tripped circuit breaker.
- Not enough hot water: If your water heater is not producing enough hot water, it could be due to a malfunctioning thermostat or a damaged dip tube.
- Leaking tank: A corroded tank, a damaged pressure relief valve, or a faulty drain valve can cause a leaking tank.
- Strange noises: If you hear strange noises from your water heater, it could be due to sediment buildup or a malfunctioning heating element.
Why Choose R.A. Nichols Plumbing & Heating
One malfunctioning part in your water heater can mess up the whole system, which is why water heater repair is crucial. So, if you are experiencing issues with your water heater, don’t wait to contact us at R.A. Nichols Plumbing & Heating at (609) 948-8829. Our team of experienced professionals will diagnose the issue and provide a long-lasting repair solution. We are committed to providing high-quality services and ensuring your comfort and safety in your home. Contact us today to schedule a repair service and enjoy the peace of mind that comes with a properly functioning water heater.
Water Heater Repair Throughout Central New Jersey
Water heaters are vulnerable to leaks, sediment build-up, and other problems that can slow down their efficiency. Our team provides top-rated water heater repair services in the Cranbury area.
Common Water Heater Repairs
- Water heater leaks: Are you noticing puddles of water on the floor under your water heater? This is a sign of a leaking unit. The leak is caused from rust cracking your tank or from a direct leak in your water line. Water lines connect to your heater through a fitting, and a broken fitting will cause problems.
- No hot water (electric units): Electric water heaters that are not producing hot water may be suffering from a tripped breaker or a faulty thermostat. If you check your breaker and find nothing wrong with it, the problem is likely caused by another failed part on your water heater. Our technicians will be able to check your unit for the source of the problem and determine the most appropriate method of repair.
- No hot water (gas units): If your gas water heater has a malfunctioning part or pilot light, you will experience a lack of hot water. Our technicians will diagnose the problem and decide on an effective solution.
- Sediment build-up: Sediment build-up in your water heater can lead to an insufficient supply of hot water. More sediment clogging your unit means decreased efficiency and less hot water produced. This leads your water heater to use more energy just to function. If you hear loud rumbling noises or whines coming from your unit, you likely have sediment built up inside. Our technicians can flush your tank to correct the problem.