Tankless Water Heater Installation and Replacement Services in Helmetta, Monroe, West Windsor, NJ and Surrounding Areas
Tankless Water Heaters in Cranbury & Central NJ
Did you know that water heaters account for nearly 30% of the average home’s energy budget? Are you looking to take that down a notch, but not sure how? We have a great recommendation for you: tankless water heaters. Our energy-savvy technicians will help you choose the right unit that matches your home’s needs, and we’ll also install it for you to make sure it runs at maximum efficiency. Just look to R.A. Nichols Plumbing & Heating for all of your tankless water heater needs in the Cranbury area.
Benefits of Tankless Water Heaters
Many of our clients have already made the successful switch to tankless water heaters. They’ve been quick to notice the many advantages and benefits, including…
- Up to 50% more energy efficient: Your tankless unit can help you save anywhere from 8% to 50% more in energy costs every year.
- Less need for repairs: Tankless water heaters are more robust and last at least ten years longer than their tank counterparts, which need to be repaired every few years. Tankless units are also less risky—you won’t have to worry about flooding from a ruptured or leaking tank because there is no tank.
- Hot water on demand: Tankless water heaters produce hot water right when you need it. This means no more cold splashes in the shower when someone else is using the sink! The hot water on demand system only gives you hot water when you need it, so you’re not wasting energy warming up water that you don’t need yet (which is a disadvantage of the traditional tank heater).
- Flexible installation options: Tankless water heaters take up less space than tanked heaters. Your tankless unit can be attached to your wall, inside a cabinet, or under a counter.
What is a Tankless Water Heater?
A tankless water heater, otherwise known as an on-demand water heater, is a system that heats water only when needed, unlike the traditional water heaters that store hot water in a tank. Tankless water heaters heat water by passing cold water through a heating element, and within seconds, the water is heated and ready for use. The heating element can either be electric or gas-powered.
It’s crucial to conduct regular maintenance to ensure that your tankless water heater functions optimally. Here are some upkeep recommendations:
- Flushing the System: Tankless water heaters require periodic flushing to prevent mineral buildup. Mineral buildup can cause blockages, which can affect the heater’s efficiency. It’s recommended to flush the system once a year.
- Regular Inspections: Have your tankless water heater regularly inspected by a professional plumber. Regular inspections can detect problems before they become severe.
- Professional Installation: It’s essential to have your tankless water heater installed by a professional plumber. This ensures that the system is correctly installed and functioning optimally.
- Use a Water Softener: Installing a water softener is recommended if you live in an area with hard water. Hard water can cause mineral buildup, affecting the efficiency of your tankless water heater.