Emergency Plumbing Services Available in Helmetta, Monroe, West Windsor, NJ and Surrounding Areas
Emergency Plumbing Services in Cranbury
Plumbing emergencies can happen at any time. Are you prepared by having a reliable, go-to plumber in your network? At R.A. Nichols Plumbing & Heating, we provide 24-hour emergency plumbing services for our neighbors in Cranbury, NJ.
What Exactly Is a Plumbing Emergency?
What constitutes a plumbing emergency? We never realize how much we depend on our plumbing system until it breaks down, so any hiccup might seem like an utter emergency. Emergency services are differentiated from regular plumbing services by the simple fact that the situation cannot wait. Perhaps it’s after typical business hours, and your toilet is clogged so bad that it is spilling its contents out onto the floor. While a running toilet can usually wait for an appointed service day, a toilet that is gushing water into your house requires immediate attention.
Here are examples of additional emergency plumbing for Cranbury and Central New Jersey:
Frozen Pipe Repair
In the winter months, frozen pipes become an active concern. The expansion of frozen water within the pipes can wreak havoc on the joints, valves, fittings, and even the pipes themselves. Frozen pipes are fairly easy to detect. If your faucet suddenly stops working in the middle of winter, it’s time to call for emergency services. Delaying the repair could result in a burst pipe, which would further result in massive water damage and affect your overall plumbing system.
Water Heater Repair
A malfunctioning water heater can also cause significant problems in our daily activities, such as showering, washing clothes, and doing the dishes. This is especially true in the winter months, when many households depend on forced hot water heating. Necessity and financial cost may impel you to initially attempt repairs on your own; however, a malfunctioning water heater creates a hazardous situation. The risk of severe burns is very real. If proper steps are not utilized, the heating coils or gas lines could become damaged.
While many plumbing issues can be prevented with regular maintenance and attention, it is always a good idea to have the number of a professional on hand. After all, we can never be too prepared for a potential emergency. Whatever the situation may be, R.A. Nichols Plumbing & Heating is ready to help you get your plumbing back under control!
Sewer Backups: Causes, Effects, and Solutions
Sewer backups are one of the most unpleasant and inconvenient plumbing problems homeowners can experience. They can lead to sewage overflowing into your home, causing property damage, health hazards, and costly repairs. At R.A. Nichols Plumbing and Heating, we understand how frustrating and stressful sewer backups can be. We have prepared this guide to help homeowners prevent, identify, and resolve sewer backups. We will also be available to assist with all plumbing and emergency plumbing needs you may have. Contact us today for a free consultation!
What Causes Sewer Backups?
Sewer backups can happen for various reasons, and it is crucial to identify the cause to prevent further damage and determine the best solution. Some common causes of sewer backups include:
- Clogged Pipes: Over time, pipes can become clogged with grease, debris, tree roots, and other materials. When this happens, wastewater can’t flow freely, leading to a backup.
- Aging Sewer Systems: Sewer systems deteriorate with time, leading to cracks, collapses, and leaks. As a result, sewage can seep into the surrounding soil or groundwater, leading to backups.
- Heavy Rainfall: During heavy rain, the sewer system can become overwhelmed, leading to backups. This is because the excess water can’t flow through the system quickly enough, leading to backups.
- Flushing Non-Flushable Items: Flushing non-flushable items, such as wipes, paper towels, and feminine hygiene products, can cause clogs in your pipes, leading to backups.
What Happens During a Sewer Backup?
Sewer backups can cause intense damage to your Helmetta, NJ, property and pose health hazards. The effects of sewer backups include:
- Property Damage: Sewage overflows can damage your flooring, walls, furniture, and other items in your home, leading to costly repairs and replacements.
- Health Hazards: Sewage contains harmful bacteria, viruses, and other pathogens that can cause health problems, such as gastroenteritis, hepatitis, and skin infections. Additionally, exposure to sewage can cause respiratory problems and allergic reactions.
- Foul Odor: Sewage backups emit a foul odor that can make your home uninhabitable.
Follow These Steps When a Sewer Backup Happens
If you experience a sewer backup, it is vital to take immediate action to prevent further damage and health hazards. Here are the steps to take when a sewer backup happens:
- Turn Off the Water Supply: To prevent further backups, turn off the main water supply to your home. This will stop water flow into your home and prevent further damage.
- Evacuate the Area: If sewage has overflowed into your home, evacuate the area immediately. This will prevent exposure to harmful pathogens and foul odors.
- Call a Professional Plumbing Service: Sewer backups require the expertise of a professional plumbing service. At R.A. Nichols Plumbing and Heating, we have the experience, skills, and equipment to resolve sewer backups safely and efficiently.
- Document the Damage: Take photos and videos of the damage caused by the backup. This will help you file an insurance claim and document the extent of the damage.
We Are Here For Any Emergency!
If you are experiencing a sewer backup in the Helmetta, NJ, area or want to prevent them, contact R.A. Nichols Plumbing and Heating. We offer various plumbing services, including sewer backup prevention, repair, and maintenance. Our team of knowledgeable and licensed plumbers is dedicated to providing high-quality plumbing services to homeowners in the area. Call us to request emergency plumbing services or schedule an appointment.